Friday, December 3, 2010

A PERSONAL OPENION OF A BUSY BODY







































I am not a psychologist, neither am I a doctor....I am just another normal person living a very normal life. Experience of living among different communities have taught me a great deal, but there is one subject that really interests me: COMMUNICATION.


To me, a lay person, in order to make a relationship work and successful, the key word here is 'COMMUNICATION'. When two or more people working towards a common objective for the benefit of all concerned, FAIL to relate to each other, the relationship is doomed to fail at one stage or the other. No matter what kind of relationship these people would try to establish, it is going to be difficult, because there is either no or very little communication. To get things done, people need to talk...to relate to each other. And not only just talking.....there are many ways of getting ideas, feelings, disagreement, etc, across.....after all this is the age of technology!


No one can change a person unless he or she wants to be changed. Therefore, it has to start with the person him/herself. For me, perhaps I have been too vocal or too demanding or too suspicious or too gullible, but I will not know this if my working or living partner or anyone does not TELL me about this. TELLING is COMMUNICATING. And the 'silence' or 'playing dumb' syndrome is certainly not helping in building a successful relationship. A student of mine once said to me, " Silence is one way of communicating", and I said, "Yeah....but whatever relationship or friendship you're intent on building is now doomed to fail, because not everyone is a psychic or a mind reader...."


The Almighty gives us the power to communicate.....the ability to relate, so use it (wisely......)
REACH OUT if you need help...SPEAK OUT when you have something to say (right or wrong!)
And don't act dumb if you're not dumb! SILENCE is NOT always 'golden'.


Just a personal opinion of a busy body

No comments:

Post a Comment